Mechatronics Technology will provide students with an accelerated path to enter careers in technical fields such as electrical, mechanical, electrical & instrumentation, process and maintenance technician in the Chemical, Energy, Oil & Gas, and Water/Wastewater industries. This program will be offered in accelerated, block schedules to help dislocated and unemployed students return to work more quickly. The Mechatronics Certificate will will function as a well-grounded machine operator in a complex system, with responsibility for efficient operation of the equipment with minimal down-times.
Program Goals and Objectives
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Work safely in an automated manufacturing and process environment, including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Install, maintain, calibrate and effectively troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and instrumentation devices
- Read and understand Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, associated drawings and documentation
- Identify, maintain and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems used in a process control loop, such as valves, pumps, sensors, variable frequency drives, motor circuits, and controllers
- Install, repair and replace tubing in a process environment
- Gain hands-on experience installing, configuring, programming and troubleshooting programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) Display
- Understand fundamental principles and methods of measuring flow, level, pressure and temperature
This is accelerated program will prepare completers for entry-level positions in manufacturing such as maintenance technicians, electrical technicians, field technicians, preventive maintenance technicians and mechatronics technicians.