Major Code: 3514
The Management Associate in Applied Science degree program offers students a two-year general management degree with optional concentrations in Entrepreneurship or Occupational Specialty. The 2+2 transfer track in Management provides the student with an associate in applied science degree and enables the graduate to continue in the management field to earn a baccalaureate degree.
Supervisors and managers at all levels are a vital component of all organizations whether public, private, profit, or not-for-profit. Management is the most fundamental function of business. Modern firms need competent managers who can address emerging issues in a global economy while dealing with global competition, ethical issues, and diverse work groups.
The types of businesses that employ graduates include government, restaurants, supermarkets, warehouses, utility companies, insurance companies, and many more.
Program Goals and Objectives
Upon completion of this program, graduates will:
- Have an appropriate mastery of general business terminology, principles, practices and skills.
- Understand the roles of manager, management theory, organizational structure and culture, and develop key managerial skills to be used at any level of management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership fundamentals, effective team building, motivation theories, and the strategic decision making process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the terminology and concepts associated with managing a small business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business plan and gain experience in preparing one.
- Have the necessary skills and competencies to continue with their education on the baccalaureate level.
Program outcomes are assessed by Capstone courses, exit interview, employer surveys, and program specific exit exams, which may include the Associate Business Exam. The 2+2 Management outcomes are assessed according to the above in addition to the successful completion of a Baccalaureate degree. General education outcomes are assessed by general education by a general education portfolio.
Transfer Baccalaureate Options
- Marshall University
- University of Charleston
- West Virginia State University
- West Virginia University Institute of Technology
The Management program prepares graduates for employment as:
*FIRST-LINE SUPERVISORS OR *GENERAL AND OPERATIONS MANAGERS
- Team Leader
- Office Supervisor
- Service Manager
- Business Manager
- Services Manager
- Business Owner
- General Manager
- Manager Trainee
- Department Manager
- Project Manager
- Business Owner
- First-Line Supervisor
- Office Manager